Saturday, February 27, 2016

Chapter 6: The Phoenix

And the time comes for chapter six of 
Check it out here on wattpad.

Or just go buy the bloody thing! 



OK OK, what do we have going on this week... hmmm. Oh yeah, a bunch of crazy ass Chinese, evolution, old testament, Jesus, angels and demons background stuff! What was that? What did I write, what did you read?!

I could go on and on about this chapter, more especially the second part of the chapter, but I will try to keep this short.

First... Who do you think would win in a fight, Darth Vader or Lord Voldemort? I put this in the book for a couple reasons. The first being that this is a real argument that my wife and I have gotten into. And it got ugly real fast. We can laugh about it now, and make fun of ourselves but the fact is, we both took this a little to seriously, to the point that I still hold onto it. Which brings me to point number 2, VOLDEMORT! VOLDEMORT would win! But I digress.


Now for some people, Rebecca and Ty's relationship seems to be moving a little to fast. They are saying things that some of you out there might be cringing at, or yelling at the pages for. And that's fine. I want people to react to the sort of thing that my characters say. People don't always know what to say in the most timely manner, in fact I would say most of the time people are bad at talking and having conversation. And so are my characters.

Making a small segway to the second part of the chapter... As you see in the back ground story told by the Pinyin women, these two are destined to be together. They are called to love each other. But that doesn't mean I'm going to make them all lovey dovey right away. They don't understand their feelings, and its a bit new and weird for the both of them.  They are like a kid going down a snowy hill on a sled for the first time. They think they know what to do, from seeing everyone else do it. But at the end of the day, this is their first time, and they are awkward and scared.

Don't worry, they will get the hand of it soon enough, and then they will slide down the cold frosted hill of love.


There are three big themes that run through the Background story of the Phoenix and the Gold Dragon.
The idea that the Big Bang was the initial beginning to the universe



The image of two main forces that have been personified into the Dragon Long, and the Phoenix Haunfang (more on the name soon). and that these characters were responsible for the control and direction of the intrinsic expedition of life.























 The final theme is that God (Abba, Yahweh, Jehovah, I Am) is the instigator of all creation, and it's under his command and by his mercy that all things were made.  (Can you tell that this one is a little heavy handed?)






















I am in no way trying to rewrite the history or origins of this world we live in. And I do not necessarily believe that a dragon and phoenix are responsible for the creation of the universe, or were they the original Adam and Eve. I'm telling a fictional story that has a fictional creation. So just relax and see the beauty in the story that I have created.

I'm a very spiritual person (though I hate saying it like that, it makes my tongue feel like a cliche) and I try to be reasonable and logical.  I have through out my life seen this divide between science and religion and I use to think I understood it, but now I don't. As Christians, we tell others not to pick and choose the parts of the Bible that we like or do not like, and tell them that it is God breathed and That our Lord is greater than all.

Then we, as Christians, turn around and pick and choose which parts of science we accept, and which parts we don't. We then go further to say that God did and did-not do certain things (as if we were there when the foundations of the earth were laid. Job 38).

Then you evolutionists, you who say proudly that this is the way things are, like your posturing and declaring is what makes something true. An honest person must simply laugh in the face of knowledge that has no love. What principle does the world have if not by design? The place of cold unfortunate statistics that mislead us into feeling like we can achieve something more in life.

Despite your greatest efforts, science continues (as it was intended to do from its very beginning) to prove that God is more and more viable. It's the dark and cold universe that looks good only when compared to a God who convicts you of your misdoings and pride. You stand behind "logic and reason" the way a man stands behind a pebble to hid from a tidal wave.




I'm sorry, I really am. But you don't write to hold back, you don't give yourself a platform to do nothing. I'm truly sorry if I have offended anyone, or turned any person away from reading my book or blog. The fact is though, I'm not going to take it back, this is what I will proclaim as an author, and I won't be ashamed of it. Just only disappointed if it means I lose people.

The imagery is laid out to be something that just about everyone can follow, and with a little patience and open mindedness can see as a useful tool for seeing the truth. These things, if they had played out in this way, could be an understanding origin of a universe.  There is suppose to be an air of mystery and ambiguity to the whole ordeal. I want readers to think, and challenge and come out of this with their own feelings of the universe around them.

This is a big turning point in the book, because now Rebecca is faced with a decision. She has to decide whether or not she is going to believe this story, and if she does, what that means for her. As well, you as the reader should be asking the same questions, do you believe it, do you believe everything you were taught? Is there something in the world that you have yet to explore, and if you learn it will, you accept it?

By the way, here is track 6 for the soundtrack:

The Ascent - The Classic Crime.

Here are people I appreciate this week.

Nico Matagora: I'm happy that your going to do what you need to for your family, but I will miss you. I hoep we can still write our awesome TV show, and I hope we never forget McNeal.

Brandon Suydam: One of my best friends. I seriously cannot wait to get our Podcast going. And I am so excited for "The Apple". YOU made working at Fred Meyer's tolerable. and together I think we can make some amazing work.



T.W. Clawson











No comments:

Post a Comment