Saturday, March 19, 2016

Chapter 9: Discoveries

What a big chapter, what a cliff hanger for 

Go now! Go buy the DERN book, before you miss a great chapter like this one!


Or if you're cheap and just wanna know what the HECK I'm talking about, check it out on Wattpad! 



Hold the PHONE!

"I love him." WHAAAA! Holy sweet mother of Aunt Jamima! 

Here's the thing, real quick. I am just as much thrown by some of the things that I write as you might be. I'm a paying customer to the roller coaster of a ride that is my stories and I'm taken back by some of the things that happen as well. 

This was one of those things. I knew that I wanted these to to end up together. (Seriously not a spoiler when you realize my name is Tyler, and My wife... Surprise! Is Rebecca... you do the Math.) but the fact was, I had no Idea how I was going to have it happen. Who was going to kiss the other first, who would acknowledge the feelings, who would do what. But as the story evolved, especially in this chapter, I saw that Rebecca indeed was the one what would realize what she was first. 

See, She is some one new when she comes out of the Vision of the Phoenix. She has seen something that defines her and as she starts to come back to the real world. She is the Phoenix, she is an extension of the spirit of Faith in this world. And She loves Ty. 

I believe in love at first sight, 100%, but that doesn't mean every one will have that. I don't think these two had that. There was some slight attraction, but I mean... Rebecca's not going to instantly start hitting on a miniature guy in a bottle, so it would take some time. They would need to realize what the other one means to each other, before they could feel love. And When Rebecca found out that she was the Phoenix, the small whisper in the back of her head that told her she was attracted to Ty, suddenly became a blaring horn. 

I love the end of this chapter because it kinda comes out of know where, and yet it still feels right. At least, to me... the writer... and creator. But it's what we want, the feelings are there from the beginning. These two are destined to be together. We all know it. Rather than putting in a weird twist where they don't end up together, I thought it would be cooler to make it literally their destiny. That they can get past it, and get to the greatness that their love will create. 

This is just the beginning though. It was a whisper, a small slight whisper that will have resounding effects. So make sure you stick around to see what those ripples in the water will be. The ride has only just begun for the relationship. 


 
I'm a huge fan of the imagery of the lamp post and and the bench. It is neither the first, nor the last time I plan on using it and it always have something to do with The Phoenix Haungfeng. The vision of The Phoenix was fill with a massive amount of metaphor and analogy. From Rebecca's entry to the spirit realm, to the Phoenix appearing. Even in Rebecca's exit, I used My favorite Passage of The bible as a tool for creating a way out. 



Micah 7:8 - Do not gloat over me, my Enemy. Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, The Lord will be my Light.

If you decide to go back and reread the part when Rebecca has spoken with The Phoenix, you will probably see the resemblance. And if you don't see it, or care to go back... then...

Moving on.

Did you notice Lady Erin's reaction to the Gremlins? just wondering.

This was the first time you really see a good amount of magic in the book. And man was it fun. You will notice that Tim is a not a big fan of the magic, where Erin is like the freaking Avatar!

 http://oi62.tinypic.com/v3opkj.jpg


http://i.imgur.com/8BjH7M9.gif?noredirect

The whole process of Magic in my book is something a little personal. It's not just the sort of thing anyone can pick up and do. For one, it's already a small group of people born with magic ability in their blood, then to add on top, its split into different schools that allow for different actions to be taken.

I have grown up reading comic books, X-men specifically, and watching Avatar: the Last Airbender. These were huge inspirations for what these people can do in my story.  While Tim is a Protector, he uses magic to aid in a form of combat, Lady Erin is an Element Commander. She uses her spirit to command the world around her, faith like a mustard seed...

There are people would can do variations of some, and are strong in one, and weak in a another, but at the end of the day it's about the personality of the person, and their own limitations. You can see that Lady Erin is first an Element Commander, butstill has some power in Spiritual Connection. As well, you can see that she has to touch Rebecca to initiate her magic. The whole process is very physical, and requires a great deal of strength and power to do over distance.

Schools that are shown in this book (have already or have yet to come [no spoilers... mostly]).

Elemental command. 
Life would be so much better if we could bend.:


Physical enhancement.
Awesome @marcscheff on @lilithsaintcrow's TRAILER PARK FAE by Dan Dos Santos:

Mental manipulation.
Telekinesis, rumored to be true throughout history but there is no proof.:

Dark Fallen Magic.
Fantasy | Magic | Fairytale | Surreal | Myths | Legends | Stories | Dreams | Adventures |:

Spiritual communication.  
“Do not dismiss the synchronicity of what is happening right now finding its way to your life at this moment. There are no coincidences in the Universe, only convergences of will, intent and experience.” ~ Neale Donald Walsch ..*:



Stick around to see what Ty is, cause yeah, That's coming up real soon.

Chapter sound track - Handshake by Two Door Cinema

Apprechiation:
Last week I was depressed, and I didn't appreciate anybody. This week I'm more depressed, but I understand that I can't make this a habit.

I want to say I appreciate my Wife, Rebecca. She has always been an inspiration to me, and continues to make me want to be a better man. I write because i want to make money, I write so that I can spread the word of God, I write because is my only validation, but I can only write because I have some one as precious as Her to remind me why I do it.

I also want to thank my family members who have started telling me their opinions, of the book. I can tell that some of you are just telling me what you think I want to hear. And Others might actually like this book, but The real test to seeing if you like it, will be if you recommend it. To me, that's then best way to show your love. Thank you Shawn, Joyelle and Grace. You guys are the best.

T.W. Clawson



No comments:

Post a Comment