Monday, May 19, 2014

In the Beginning


This was the first thing I ever designed. I sat in my room with my sister and we talked and drew and made each other laugh. Its the sort of time I think about when I miss her. Her and my younger sister. They mean a lot to me. They were the ones that taught me that I genuinely love people, no matter who they are. I always loved my Brothers, cause... well cause I had to. It wasn't an option. They were there in my life, and I had to deal with it. (not that i don't like my brothers, that's just how it was.) 
It wasn't until I was introduced to M&M (which is what I will refer to them as.) That I had to make a choice on whether I was going to open up to people or shut them out. They were thrust into my world and I was expected to just be OK with it. These two shy, awkward, rebellious, beautiful, silly girls came out of no where and I had to make a choice. Do I stay closed off and just wait until our parents split, then we go our separate ways and never speak again? Only being nice to them because it's the polite thing to do, putting on a face of somewhat acceptance. 
Or do I spread wide my arms and hold them close? Giving them trust and love at every turn and twist of ours, and our parents relationship. 
I chose to Love them. I chose to pray for them, to watch over them and be their brother. They became two of the most important people in my life. 
Because of them I became a better person. They taught me how to have patience, how to treat girls, and the right way to listen. I would not be in a good relationship with my girlfriend with out their guidance. I would not be a better brother to my other siblings, Full, Half, Step, it doesn't matter, With out them first teaching me to be a good person.   


So I sat in my bedroom with the first of the two M's and we grew closer to each other. We let each other in to the others life. It allowed us to speak on our feelings toward the world. She gave me tips on how to pick up girls, I told her about all the guys that liked her at school, and we bonded. 
This graphic is not just the beginning of my graphic design, but a representation of the beginning of me becoming who I am. 
I told my sister that I would always be there for her, and I meant it. We have shared tears and laughter, a bedroom, a boat, a tent, an apartment, and a life. 
M&M I miss you.
T.W. Clawson












No comments:

Post a Comment